Monday, February 13, 2012

Droning On

Mathematical proof I'm a better person than any given employee of the TSA:

Number of people against whom I personally have committed sexual assault: zero
Number of people for whom I have justified or covered up acts of sexual assault: zero
Number of TSA agents who can honestly say the same thing: zero again.

It's been a bad week for civil liberties. The president, of course, supports a proposed bill to put 30,000 unmanned spy drones in American skies by the end of the decade. At the very beginning of 1984, Orwell's Winston Smith noted the Thought Police helicopters swooping down to peer into windows, but American drones promise to be smaller and more unobtrusive. Neither of the three apparent contenders for the GOP presidential nod -- Romney, Gingrich or Santorum (I'm ignoring Ron Paul since I work for the media) -- promise to be any improvement over Obama in any way.

I miss the days when Bush was president, because at least with him I could believe things would get better once The Next Guy took over. One bad apple's much easier to handle than an entire contaminated orchard.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This:

I miss the days when Bush was president, because at least with him I could believe things would get better once The Next Guy took over. One bad apple's much easier to handle than an entire contaminated orchard.

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com