Tuesday, October 18, 2011

History Can Bite Me (First World Problem Rant)

I actually miss the days when the History Channel was all Hitler all the time, because at least Hitler and the Nazis were actual history (if not necessarily the sum total of it), as were "Hitler's Bodyguards" and "Hitler's Inner Circle," "Hitler's Rise to Power" and "Hitler's Fall from Power" and even "Hitler's Dry Cleaner," if that's what they're reduced to. But I just went through what my cable-on-demand calls "history" offerings, and found nothing remotely historical about any of it. Screw ice road truckers, screw pawn shops, screw hairy bikers and double-screw anyone who takes Nostradamus or Mayan Apocalypse 2012 seriously ... just because such shows deserve to be history doesn't justify their presence on that channel.

Marketing suggestion: take this stuff off History, give it its own network, add a cooking show featuring easy recipes for meth and roadkill, and with History subsidized by ad revenue from the White Trash Channel you could afford lots of new documentaries about Hitler, and maybe even a show or two about something historical that doesn't require a swastika.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Pergiel said...

If you ever find a show worth watching on TV, let me know. I would like to hear about it. These days all I watch are crime dramas, and I watch them with my wife. I won't bother watching them by myself. I don't know why that is.

"Connections" was a good show. "Top Gear" is the only show I do watch.

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Artor said...

If you ever find a reason to actually watch TV, let me know. I killed mine with a cinderblock 15 yrs ago & I don't miss it.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com