Monday, May 12, 2008

Polygamous Affairs

You've known for a long time now that I pay little more than lip service to monogamy where blogging is concerned. Granted, I've been mostly monogablogamous ever since the last time I cheated on you, but honesty compels me to admit this was more due to a lack of temptation than the presence of any ability to actually resist it.

As you rightly suspect, I'm building up to another blog infidelity confession: one of my friends from Advocate days is now running for Congress as a Ruh ... a Repu ... a Repub ... a member of the party where you could vote for Ron Paul last Super Tuesday, and since I have little else to do these days I agreed to blog about the campaign for him.

Note from the attached photo, taken two days ago, how badly overdue I am for a haircut. Not that I have any intention of getting one.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that you've coined the word "monogablogamous" makes up for any straying you have done.

11:11 AM  
Blogger D.A. Ridgely said...

[Insert crude "lip service" joke here.]

11:27 AM  
Blogger J sub D said...

Your admission of sin and contrition are indeed admirable. I greatly desire to grant forgiveness. Nevertheless the WORD is the WORD, and so must be followed by the faithful.

I go now to gather. And weep for your wicked folly.

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Jen,
Fess up on the real reason you are blogging for a Republican Congressional candidate: So that that 9/11 conspiracy link won't be the first thing that pops up when a prospective employer googles you.

NoStar

PS: RE: your blogging around on us. I forgave you before, I'll forgive you again. I love the picture especially because of the in-need-of-a-hair-cut look. It appears like it would be heaven to bury one's fingers and nose in those georgeous red curls.

I have a bit of a hair fetish anyway that mostly has to do with smelling freshly washed and conditioned hair. ahhhhh!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Fess up on the real reason you are blogging for a Republican Congressional candidate: So that that 9/11 conspiracy link won't be the first thing that pops up when a prospective employer googles you.

That WAS the plan, yes.

The bad news: the blog doesn't show up on actual "blog" searches, which means it can't knock 9/11 off the top.

The good news: my name has, in fact, come up in a few non-9/11 blog posts since then.

The bad news: it's appearing on neo-Nazi blogs who are upset over something a former colleague of mine wrote last year, and so the Nazis have cut-and-pasted all the names and e-mails from the Advocate's "Contact Us" page.

Jennifer Abel: known to neo-Nazis, 9/11 conspiracists and Republicans throughout the blogosphere!

My career is over.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you don't have your chin down in the picture.

5:55 AM  
Blogger chofland said...

I would think a haircut would take some strain off your neck muscles, but until then, jeez! you've got the mad Celtic goddess look nailed.

No offense intended, Your Most Powerful and Holy.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is, in fact, the weight of the hair that is keeping her chin up.

NS

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com