Friday, December 22, 2006

Tis the Season

Though not usually prone to self-censorship I’m feeling extraordinarily mellow right now (what with the holidays and all) and want to spread good cheer without causing offense. Thus, I wish you either a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, joyous Eid, liberated Kwanzaa, brightening solstice or (if you’re a Jehovah’s Witness) a pleasant yet unremarkable day that is absolutely no different from any other.

Naturally I’ve spent a small fortune on presents this season but at least I didn’t have to buy any cards, because each year my significant other makes his own — writing a holiday-themed story and then illustrating it. The online version of this year’s card, telling the story of a fantasy warrior trapped in our own mundane world one December, is here. (The female character is supposedly based on me. Naturally, I vigorously deny this.)

(He’s also self-published an entire book of previous year’s holiday cards, and links to some of the stories and pictures can be found here.)

Whatever it is you’re celebrating, I hope you have a blast. Talk to y’all later.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne O'Neimaus said...

Great short-story. Tell your S.O. thanks!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com