Monday, August 14, 2006

Y’all Come Back Now, Y’hear?

D’oh! For the past few days I’ve been getting far more hits than usual, thanks to my guest-posting gig over at Jim Henley’s blog. And yet, I’ve been spending so much time at said blog I haven’t had the chance to top off my own here with scintillating posts that will impress the hell out of my guests and inspire them to establish a regular blog relationship with me, rather than a tawdry one-night stand.

Thing is, my best stuff is hidden in the archives. But I really don’t want to become the type of woman who always runs around saying things like “I may not look impressive now, but you should have seen me in the past!” Hell, no. I’m too young to be that old.

Maybe it’s too late for me to make a good first impression, but here for the newcomers are some of the better posts from this blog’s two-month history.

Where suicide bombers go when they die.

A woman’s best chance of surviving the apocalypse.

What happened when my thirteen-year-old self threatened to sacrifice my Sunday-school teacher to Satan.

How the sex lives of humans differ from those of fish.

What can Ayn Rand teach us about sex?

My high-school class notes from The Fountainhead.

and the benefits of the anti-flag-burning amendment.

Damn. If I were a real libertarian I'd be better at profiting from opportunities. Crap. I may as well go apply for some government benefits or something.

EMERGENCY EDIT: Oh, hell. I tried making a post tonight and got a note saying I'd exceeded my quota, and need to find more space. Sad thing is, I'm so clueless about computers I'm not sure what I need to do. My IT guy is asleep, so I'll talk to him tomorrow. Any advice is appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

All right, dammit, I'm posting a comment just so this doesn't get lonely.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

A season is what, 13 episodes? I've for nearly five seasons' worth of posts. This is long overdue.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Abel said...

Not sure if this comment will post, but: I tried to make a blog post and got a message saying I exceeded my space quota on my FTP server. So I need to find out what that is and how to add space to it. Until then, I can't make new posts or even edit pre-existing ones.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com